Deep Oscillation ® Massage Therapy
I offer deep oscillation ® massage therapy either on its own or combined with acupuncture. It can be used on a smaller target area of the body or on a larger area, depending on requirements.
I am trained in Manual Lymphatic Drainage massage and can offer a really effective treatment using deep oscillation. Please read on to find out more about the many different ways that deep oscillation can help you and you can call me for more information.
As opposed to externally applied, mechanical forms of massage therapy (e.g. vibration), DEEP OSCILLATION® is applied with gloved hands and special applicators, creating biologically effective oscillations in the tissue segment undergoing treatment. Applied with gentle, minimal pressure, the therapy works through the entire tissue layers (including the connective tissue to a depth of 8cm) reaching the core of the affected area.
DEEP OSCILLATION® is a non-invasive, non-traumatic treatment which is well received by patients. Because of it’s gentle application it is a unique treatment for acute and chronic injury, and day one post-operative. Clinically proven effects include: significant pain reduction, anti-inflammatory, anti-fibrotic, detoxification, oedema reduction and haematoma reduction with enhancement of nutrients returning to the tissue to promote the natural healing process.
DEEP OSCILLATION® massage therapy
DEEP OSCILLATION® is a patented electromechanical therapeutic procedure using resonant vibration of the tissue with DEEP OSCILLATION® equipment from Physiomed, Germany.
- Strong pain-alleviating potential. This applies to acute traumatic as well as to chronic pain conditions
- Anti-inflammatory effect
- Prevention and reduction of secondary and primary lymphoedema
- Prevention of fibrotic remodelling processes, reduction of fibrosis
- Muscle relaxation, promotion of physical activity, mobilisation
- Support of wound healing processes
- Normalisation of haemodynamic parameters of the skin, correction of aesthetic-neurotic problems and influence on biological ageing through preventive effects on premature ageing
Fields of Application:
- Acute Trauma & Chronic Conditions, softening scar tissue
- Wound healing, Diabetic Foot, Burns and Ulcers
- Musculoskeletal disorders
- Primary and Secondary Lymphoedema, Chronic Oedema
- Lipoedema and Lipo-Lymphoedema,
- Training Aftercare & Performance Stabilisation in Sport, Damage from Overstraining
- Pre and Day One Post Operative: Orthopedic, General & Aesthetic Surgery
- Neuro Rehabilitation
- Pain Syndromes (FMS, Sudeck's Dystrophy etc.)
- Common conditions: Arthritis, Back Pain, Tennis & Golfers Elbow, Whiplash
….Aesthetic & Post Partum including:
- Anti-Ageing of face and neck, eye bags, dark circles
- Cellulite, Grade 1 & 2
- Post Classic and Vaser Liposuction
- Breast Feeding Problems & Caesarian Healing
A special design makes it possible, using electrostatic attraction and friction, "to produce mechanical vibrations in treated tissues of the body, not only at the skin on the surface but also in deeper tissues" (Brenke and Siems 1996). Schönfelder and Berg (1991) refer to a "penetrating vibration and pumping effect deep into the tissue". The frequency can be varied in the range from 5-250 Hz.
The treatment applicator/therapists vinyl gloved hands and the patient are connected to the equipment (voltage source). A vinyl film between the applicator, and/or vinyl gloves and the patient functions as a dielectric. This results in a weakly conducting capacitative layer between the contact surfaces. In action, pulsed electrostatic attractions draw the tissue to the applicator/gloved hand and release it at the rhythm of the chosen frequency.
The therapist sets the pressure gradient, speed and direction of the movements. The patient can treat himself if appropriate. The treatment procedure is characterised by minimal external mechanical effects, which allows it to be used in cases of acute pain, fresh injuries and in the treatment of wounds.
Numerous pilot studies have demonstrated pain reduction, minimisation of oedema and anti-fibrotic effects. It is commonly used for the treatment of Lymphoedema (Jahr, S., Schoppe, B. and Reißhauer A. (2008) Effect of treatment with low intensity and extremely low frequency electrostatic fields (Deep Oscillation®) on breast tissue and pain in patients with secondary breast lymphoedema. J. Rehabil. Med. 40, 645-650).
The DEEP OSCILLATION® system, above all, has effects on the micro-circulation of the interstitial connective tissue. Treatment results in a normalisation of the steady state, i.e. of the permanent fluid flow between the tissue surrounding the cells and the lymph and blood vessels. In this manner, pain can be diminished and the circulus sanus be restarted or else accelerated.
Ecographic Imaging Evidence:
1 DEEP OSCILLATION® is shown by ecographic image recording to permeate an 8cm depth. Source: “Value of DEEP OSCILLATION therapy in the healing of AB burns” Authors: MSc. Dra. Solangel Hernández Tápanes1, Lic. Addiel Suárez 2, Dra. Tania Bravo Acosta 3, Lic. Rafael Wilson Rojas 2, MSc. Dra. Beatriz Fernández Prieto 4, Dra. Miriela Cabrera Morales 5 (Cuban Journal of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation RNPS 2244-FOLIO 148 – ISSN 2078-7162 2010).
2 A Video Report http://www.physiopod.co.uk/deep-oscillation-effect-in-tissues-recorded-b... from Dr. MSc. Luis Felipe Medina C. Lic states that as the electrostatic pulses cause static friction, the elasticity of CONNECTIVE TISSUE reacts to this mechanism, and alternating tensing and/or deep "pumping" is produced. The "Pumping" effect causes the lymphatic drainage”